Sunday 18 January 2015

SKINCARE | Coconut oil - Oily/Combination skin



I have very oily skin and struggled to find a moisturiser that doesn't make my face shiny and greasy throughout the day. Unfortunately for people like me, there isn't many products to help with the oily skin as we find that the majority of creams and moisturisers in the shops are aimed for dry skin which is not fair at all!

After watching many skincare videos on YouTube, I came across Amena's (Amenakin aka Pearl Daisy) video which featured coconut oil. Although she uses it for a different purpose than I was looking for, it intrigued me enough to try it out for myself.

Putting it to the test, I have modified my night skincare routine and use coconut oil on my entire face instead of my moisturiser. I began this last week and when waking up in the morning I noticed that my face wasn't very shiny as usual . I have continued this and am so happy to see that my face doesn't go shiny throughout the day anymore and it has hardly been a week!

From the first day of using coconut oil, my skin has been feeling so soft and healthy - I can sometimes go without moisturising my face during the day.

So, if you have oily skin or even combination oily skin and want to tame it, I recommend you try pure coconut oil for a few nights and trust me, you wont be disappointed. I personally use the parachute brand in a blue bottle. The packaging is quite inconvenient as I have to melt it in the microwave each time I use it, so I transferred some into an empty lip balm container which is just perfect for use as the oil immediately melts in your hands, so if you want to try out coconut oil, you should do the same.You can buy a Single Cream Jar from Superdrug here which is only £0.99 and seems totally worth it.

Hope this helps!


Safiya :) ©


2 comments: