Saturday 7 March 2015

Skincare | Review - Lush lip scrub Mint Julips



I had heard a bit about these lip scrubs so I thought I would try it out. The Mint Julips flavour inrigued me because its smell is just ah-mazing since I love the smell of mint.

So. Is this 25g  mini tub - mainly consisting of sugar and costing £5.50 - worth it, you ask? The simple answer is YES. This little glorious bundle of very few ingredients works wonders on chapped lips - and that too, in just a few seconds! Simply using a regular lip balm takes several minutes to make an affect and also doesn't even have half as good results as using the lip scrub. What makes it even more better is that it tastes delicious - literally like Aero Mint chocolate so you can simply lick it off your lips once you've given your lips a good scrub! It may seem pricey for a small amount but trust me, it lasts way longer than you can imagine. Initially I had thought it would last me a month, but after using it a few times I realised I was far off.

On average I probably use this lip scrub every 1 or 2 days. I make sure to apply a bit of my favourite lip balm afterwards in order to maintain my baby-soft lips. Using a lip scrub also increases blood flow in the area, causing your lips to look more plump temporarily, and makes your lips look more red/pink-ish. This Mint Julips tub is half full and so far has lasted me half a year (I know right, that's crazy!). Having this lip scrub as part of your routine would make your lip balms last longer too, as you wouldn't only rely on them to do the job.

The only disadvantage is that it is not easy to use on the go when out and about as it can get a bit messy. You may think you have completely wiped it off your mouth but instead you've just spread sugar all over your face. Not a look to be proud of. But I guess that cannot really be helped since it's a sugar lip scrub and seeing as I just use it in the morning or night as part of my routine, it's not much of a problem.

Until now (approximately 5 months after purchasing and using it) I always thought it was called Mint Tulips... well I guess it doesn't match my blog name after all hehe :)

Once this tub is finished I cant wait to try out other flavours which I'm sure wouldn't disappoint me as Mint Julips has already made it to be one of my holy grail lip products. I'm looking forward to trying out the Bubblegum flavour since it seems to be many peoples favourite.

Overall rating: 10/10 

Check https://www.lush.co.uk/products/mint-julips for information on the seven ingredients and more!

Hope you found this useful! x

Have you tried any Lush lip scrub?
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Check out my review on Mint Julips too! totally love it.
    http://memoirsoftwolovers.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/review-lush-mint-julips-lip-scrub.html

    ReplyDelete